Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Frenemies

Pin It now! Dear Cricut, i love you but i hate you....
They say a cricut blade will last you about 1000 cuts, FALSE! and a mat will last you 30-40 BUT there are ways around this one for sure.
So in January I purchased new blades and new mats. Here we are in April and I know I have not made a 1000 cuts and some how last night it was time for a blade change. So I started with my first cuts of the night and my paper was tearing I just assumed it was the paper as this was a new brand of paper I had just picked up that I had not worked with before. So I figured okay I will attempt a different cut with different paper, since I have multiple projects going on at the moment but again the Cricut tore up my paper. So I change the settings but then it barely cut my paper. At this point I was a bit irritated that I have wasted about 4 sheets of paper and an hour of my evening. And to make matters worse the paper massively stuck to my mat on my last cut attempt that when I went to remove my paper it all just stuck with the mat and was not coming off easily, now I was even more irritated. I usually salvage my mats and give them 9 lives but the irritation levels were so high that I just wrapped it up and threw it in the trash I did not want to deal with it any longer.

So I went to my reserves and busted out a new blade and a new mat and what do you now Cricut and I were BFF's all over again. She cut my intricate cuts with such ease and super clean cuts . Ohhh Cricut how I love thee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...