Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Dollar Tree Madness meets Christmas Party Favors!

Pin It now! I am the kind of mom who has to go above and beyond on birthday favors/treats/ parties and classroom parties are no exception to that rule. I can't help it ... it annoys me if I send something to school that I didn't put any effort into making or creating. It's like a disease ... i'm super OCD about this.

My son's Christmas party is tomorrow and I wasn't in the mood for baking Christmas cookies, frosting them all super special and then packaging them to look like "too good to eat" treats ... (the littlest details mean EVERYTHING, I'm crazy). Aside from that, EVERYONE will be bringing goodies loaded with sugar!

SO, I decided on something a little more untraditional then homemade cookies or store bought goodies packaged up in goodie bags.

I bought coloring books from the dollar tree for each student. I was a little skeptical on buying 25 of these, but when you think of it, you spend just about that if not more when making treats and packaging them for each student. Besides, it's exciting and fun for little kids to open gifts! My little guy had a lot of fun wrapping them up and is excited to pass them out tomorrow.

For wrapping, I went untraditional again and used brown postal paper. I have an ETSY shop, so brown postal paper is always in stock in this house, but, if you need some the dollar tree has it for one dolla!!! :)









Notice how i used "ABC" stamps? I am obsessed with stamping packages! Its so cute! I also embellished it with a crayon .... because didn't I mention above that it's the little details that mean EVERYTHING! LOL I can't help it.



So anyhow, I just had to share ... because I thought it was a cute idea and makes for a nice alternative to sweets at classroom parties.

Until Next time ... E :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...