Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Step 1 of Bathroom Remodel

Pin It now! I always have BIG plans to do stuff around the house, you know where you dream up a master plan do the research and gather your materials and then start the project and don't finish grrrr.. I'm notrious for that. I guess I'm a true Aries although with a new zodiac sign I'm a Pisces so who knows?
Any how I knew I wanted to fix up my daughter's bathroom, but just didn't know what I wanted to do with it, but I knew I wanted to do something about the cabinets in there. And then I remembered this bathroom set up that I had bookmarked long ago pre-Pinterest era. So that was my inspiration, I knew I wanted to get that look but first had to get the "ok" from the man of the house and he was all about it too. So I went over to Sherwin-Williams website they have this cool gadget where you can sketch your vision on there, I found the perfect combo, I knew my walls would be a blue'ish/teal'ish/green'ish shade with white cabinets.

Then I did some reserach and found that the easy-peasy way of doing cabinet transformation is by using a kit from Rustoleum but that was just a bit over our budget. So I was back to square one with the cabinets.
Next stop Sherwin-Williams, which did not go over so well after waiting for about 30-40 minutes without anyone saying at the very least "hello" I left my time was too valuable and so I left with my paint samples and went to Home Depot, good choice too they were having a paint special yo! So after lots of questions and going through my oh so indecisive though process I came out with some killer paint by Behr.
I started with removing all the hardware from the cabinets, and gave them a good sanding in only the areas needing some smoothing out and then I pusted out some Kilz yo!
This stuff worked great, I gave the cabinets two good coats and then painted them in a white'ish/grey'ish shade. They turned out great!

Then it was off to tape up the bathroom and start painting. Her bathroom is not super huge so I was able to get it done pretty fast. I'm loving the color of the walls and I can not wait until I finish up the bathroom and get it looking more like this or this or this, well you get the picture you see what look I am trying to go for. I have collected some cool images along the way and have so many frames, its just been a slow moving project, but I will get there.
In the meantime enjoy a couple of before and after sorry the picture quality is not super great.
Before:


During painitng, you can see the wall color a bit more in this picture, my iPod dock makes a cameo to bad you can't here it but it was busting out some Evelyn Champagne



And here is an after not the greatest shot sorry, I will post more along the way as I do more in there. I still need to find some cool looking hardware for the cabinets. But at least the hard part, the painting is done, now comes the fun part DECORATING!




Till next time - M

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...