Monday, April 11, 2011

Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails ... that's what little boys are made of!

Pin It now! My mother once said to me ... "Just wait until you have a boy!", as Kaytlyn poured a bucket full of rolly pollies onto my bed one hot summer evening, back when she was 2! I for one am not a big fan of snails, bugs, rolly pollys, and defiantly not a fan of WORMS! Ek. Yuck. No Thank You! I'll pass at even thinking, talking or looking at them.

Which brings me to todays blog.

My son. The dare devil, fearless little four year old you could ever find, curious about the world around him and most defiantly loves to torment you with things you are not so fond of ... like worms. Barf.




So today we went to walmart to pick up a few things we needed, and I stroll on over to the sporting goods department to look at their fishing poles, as I am thinking about getting him one for his Easter basket ... right next to use is the 'Bait fridge'. I could curse walmart for not putting a lock on it, but I thank that sweet old walmart associate for saving my life today. Okay, I am being dramatic but did you read the first paragraph where I clearly stated that I AM NOT A FAN OF WORMS!! I am serious.
So there I am looking at the awesome fishing poles, when Colton walks over to the fridge, I didn't even think about him opening it, so I didn't say anything and just kept browsing the selection of fishing poles and fishing kits, etc .. when I look over to my left and see him carrying a thing of worms towards me!! HOLY BATMAN someone jedi mind him to PUT THOSE DOWN! I flipped out. I lost it. I screamed .. "PUT THOSE DOWN" ... "No, OMG! No! Don't touch those" ... as he hysterically laughing runs towards me with them ... I was fearful he would drop them and I would lose my mind ... he must have seen the look of panic on my face, because he quickly backed away and put them on the counter .. and walked off ... only to let the LID come off! Oh my. I felt faint. Just as I do right now ... just thinking about it! Ugh ... okay, I'm okay. So, there I am quickly trying to get away from the counter before the world ends, when I hear the fridge close. I looked down the isle to see that sweet walmart associate putting it back in the fridge with the lid securely on. I looked at her and said ... "I am so sorry. I would have put them back, but I am deathly afraid of them." She laughed and said it was okay.

I'd like to start a petition, so that walmart will place a lock on their 'Live Bait' fridges. Ugh. Please sign.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...