Friday, June 7, 2013

Today was a GOOD DAY! :)

Pin It now! Today, I woke up feeling exceptionally fabulous. Maybe it was because I DIDN'T have to go into work today - and I knew that meant I would be able to soak up every single precious second of my son's last day of Kindergarten with him. I know some of you are probably thinking - "Jeez, women - its JUST kindergarten. You have a heck of a lot more of these first and last days to come". Although, that theory is pretty much true. It is the very last day of Kindergarten that I will ever get to experience as a mom. My daughter enters 8th grade this year and since he is my last baby - it means it is my last time to cherish little crazy kinders going nuts and being silly. Last night I tucked him into bed, then later came to check up on him, and I found myself with a tear rolling down my cheeks .... it's sad (sad in a good way) knowing that my baby has matured/grown into a smart, bright, creative - super awesome, little man. His personality keeps my heart smiling and I probably say to him "You are so cute!" a ga-zill plus times a day! Seriously, Don reminds me that I need to not smother the poor boy, but I just can't help myself. I do the same thing to Kate every day. I just feel SO BLESSED to be a mom!!!! So, my day began with me having today off. I started it off by sending Mabel a bunch of random, silly, so-eileen-and-mabel snap chats ... one being myself applying my makeup, the other being me drying my hair upside down, and the others being cooking hot dogs with a fun song to boot ... I am pretty entertaining. (BTW Mabel, I am PRETTY freaking sure my boss walked in on me putting Pringles in my mouth yesterday to look like a "Duck face" ... I threw my phone in my purse in a quick second and never sent that snap chat ... bum-mer!). Mabel's snaps were just as entertaining ... if only we could share our snap chat adventures! ha! Before Don rushed out the door with Colton this morning, I snapped a photo for his memory book. The first one is of him on the first day of Kinder, and the other is from today, on his last day of Kinder! Did you notice how I have him wearing the same outfit? haha I also got a bunch of funny shots of Kate trying to jump and give her bff a belly high-five - but, my iphone was too slow to capture those fun moments! Instead I got this ... her beard was AMAZING! :) I spent the rest of my morning helping out at Colton's class party where the theme was "Sailing away to 1st grade". His teacher had suggested that I make these cute fish swimming in the deep blue sea jell-o cups that were seen on pinterest. I took on the challenge only to experience my first ever epic PINTEREST FAIL!!! These ended up looking like dead fish in the big blue sea (served in jello shot containers lol) ... since I added my swedish fish too soon. I should have waited for it to set a little before I added them. But, I am pretty sure this was my first time to "cook" jello. Oh, well ... the Jolly Rancher blue jello was a hit! The kinder celebration ended up being so cute. I took a million photos of Colton with with all his classmates, which I plan to convert into a shutterfly book at some point this summer. Then, his teacher gathered them all around to read one last story together. Yes, I almost cried when Mrs. G read "Miss Bindergarten Celebrates the Last Day of Kindergarten" .... I could feel those tears coming, but, I did a good job of keeping them in. :) We then stood a minute in the middle of his Kindergarten hallway, and said good-bye to an awesome year! {Is that a little girl in the background, climbing out of a locker? haha} After school was over, I took little guy to get snow cones in town. I figured a little mommy&me time was much needed! I had the pickle snow cone and he had the rootbeer. He tried a sample of mine and made the funniest face ever. Then it was off to get snacks our fun family day at the water park tomorrow. Colton entertained me with all his crazy jokes and when we got back inside the car to go home, he handed me his (delicious) snowcone to finish. He was right, his was so much better then mine. We also made a pitstop at Sonic for some ice and a couple other treats, since we are cool like that! Once home, we filled up some awesome grenade water balloons we scored today! We used a few to get sister when she got off the bus!!! All in all, today was a good day. It made me realize how much I miss being a stay at home mom. Well, that is all I got for today ... until next time! E

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...