Tuesday, July 9, 2013

That's what's up!

Pin It now!
I am pretty much horrible at keeping this whole blog up-to-date, on my end. The past week(ish) has been so crazy busy for me. 

I celebrated a birthday ... 


{I keep reminding myself that it is JUST A NUMBER ... just like my waist, hips & thigh  measurements are JUST A NUMBER ... and that I am actually 25 again}.  Really, It doesn't phase me that I am a year older .... I really, truly stopped counting once I hit thirty.  

I started the day off by taking my kids to see Despicable Me 2.  AWESOME movie. I think I was just as excited to see it as they were.  We went to an early showing ... 9:50am because in my mind, it would be less crowded. I was proven wrong.  We sat in the very front ... of the "good" section ... could have been worse ... you know, those really bad nose bleed floor seats.  We were content. 

I sipped my white chocolate mocha, because this old lady stayed up way to late doing nothing at all and was an exhausted Birthday girl .... and munched on some of Kaytlyn's jalapeño peppers from her nachos, because that is how we did Birthday Breakfast! lol  

And it was fab. 

Later, we stocked up on shorts at JCP and I treated myself to some fabulous NARS makeup because I felt a little old, unpretty and blah! I left Sephora feeling ... WOAH! HAPPY! ALIVE! 

The super sweet sephora girl helped me pick out a good shade of foundation and concealor and I didn't feel bad about splurging $44 for this foundation because the results reallllly made me feel happy. And I needed that .... we took a pit stop at Chik-fil-a for some lunch and then headed home where old lady ME, took a much needed cat nap! I woke up 30 mins before we had to leave to go watch the firework show ... and felt completely under-dressed in my jeans, black skull tank and black flops when we got there. I felt very unpretty, watching all the Real Housewives of ********* walk around with there richy rich husband and pretty dresses.  I really wanted to rush home and put on my pretty sundress, that I didn't think to even wear until I got there. Really. Truly didn't think going to watch fireworks was a fashion show up there. Lesson learned. Because it was ... but, I was okay with just being me. 

They had all kinds of fun vendors out there. We experienced our first snow cone truck! Kona is amazing!  The kids got tattooed, had clowns make them blow up ballooon art and we ate food from a food truck. Was entertained by a very comical clown. Colton got to see real Army men.  It was fab. We topped the night off by watching a gorgeous display of fireworks, as we rushed away to the car ... because Colton was scared to death!  Maybe next year, he won't be so afraid. It was good ending to a good birthday.  











The 4th was spent at Don's parents for a BBQ ... where we hung out, relaxed and I was fascinated by the farmers in the field behind- rolling hay bells.  We then spent the rest of the afternoon at Hawaiian Falls ... soaking up some sun and enjoying the day.  Then our son's friends family text asking if we wanted to come hang out for a BBQ ... so we did. Because, why not? It ended up being a great time! :)

Friday, I had to work.  SERIOUSLY?!  Thankfully, my boss felt the same ... and we were off by noon. I brought Kaytlyn along to work - and after work we stopped at Home Depot to pick up this bad boy, that I saw at our friend's house the night before. 

This pretty much tells you how old I am, when a MOP excites me! This seriously is the best invention yet.  It's replacing my swifter! lol  No batteries needed, I can use ANY cleaner I want in the refill container and the most exciting part, the pad is a cloth that you just toss in the wash! For $20 I couldn't resist but to literally run out and get it! 

Saturday, my cousin who I hadn't seen in years ... literally, we were 15 maybe the last time we had seen each other, came to visit.  We spent the day at the water park and then a BBQ.  It was short visit, but, nice. 

Sunday - I did nothing but clean, go grocery shopping and laundry.  

Nothing too super exciting going on  (except for that mop) .... 

-E

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...